Saturday, November 8, 2014

My First Birthday Abroad


On October 18, 2014 I celebrated my first birthday in a foreign country. Three of the fellow ETAs (Lisa, Ellen, and Alana) came to my house to celebrate with me and my Nepali family. In Nepal, people rarely celebrate birthdays, so it was exciting sharing a taste of home with my Nepali family by throwing a traditional American birthday party. The love that I felt affirmed that Nepal truly has become my second home. I am so grateful to love and be loved by two wonderful families and friends around the world.

My delicious Nepali birthday cake! 

My three ETA friends eat momo's 

Nepali momo's (they are delicious!!!)  
Celebrating with my Nepali family and ETA friends 
P.S. (Thank you to Lisa Rowan for saving Watermelon Sour Patch for the past three months and surprising me with my favorite American candy. My college friends know how much Watermelon Sour Patch mean to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment